Located in South Central Kentucky, just two hours from Louisville (home of the Kentucky Derby), two hours from Frankfort (the State Capital), and two hours from Lexington (home of the University of Kentucky).
Adair County, founded in 1802, is a rural community of approximately 19,000 residents that is located directly on the Louie B. Nunn Parkway connecting to I-65 and I-75. Adair County's town square is a cornerstone of the community with an abundance of history and features a centrally located courthouse and 19th Century buildings and churches.
Adair County is a county of beautiful countryside, a hunter's and fisherman's paradise of abundant wildlife and fish, is home to the stunning green water of the Green River and Green River Lake with Lake Cumberland and the Lake Cumberland State Resort Park only a short drive away. Adair County is also home of Lindsey Wilson College. Our most valuable assets are the residents of Adair County. The citizens are friendly, caring, hardworking, and giving people!
Whether you are a current citizen, looking to become one, or just visiting we invite you to explore our web site and enjoy all that our community has to offer.
Adair County Red Cross Director
Quick Facts About Adair County
- Columbia Utilities Commission (Natural Gas)
- Kentucky Utilities (Electric)
- Taylor County RECC (Electric)
- Adair Utilities District (Water and Sewer)
- Duo-County (Telecommunications and Cable)
- Windstream (Telecommunications)
- Kentucky "Trails Town" Certification
- Work Ready Community In-Progress
- Build- Ready Site In-Progress
- Industrial Site #001-002 - Green River Commerce Park
- Industrial Building ID #001-003 - Image Analysis
Michael Lee Stephens
424 Public Square
Columbia, KY 42728
Monday - Friday
8am to 4pm